The aim of the project was to strengthen the capacity of public institutions for management of protected areas for better and more effective protection of biodiversity in FB&H. Project was implemented in the period of November 2015-November 2016.
The project was attended by the following institutions:
• PC „Una River National Park“,
• PC Protected Natural Areas of Sarajevo Canton,
• Ministry of Spatial Planning, Civil Engineering and Environment protection of Sarajevo Canton,
• PC „Forest Bussiness Organisation of Zenicko-Dobojski Canton Ltd. Zavidovići“,
• PC „Hutovo blato Nature Park“,
• Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Environment protection of Herzegovina-Neretva Canton,
• PC “Protected Landscape Konjuh“, Kladanj,
• Ministry of Spatial Planning, Civil Engineering and Environment protection of West Herzegovina Canton,
• Blidinje Nature Park,
• Prokoško jezero Protected Monument,
• Fojnica Municipality,
• Ministry of Spatial Planning and Environment protection of Tuzla Canton.
The project is funded by the Environmental Protection Fund of FB&H, with co-financing of PC Protected Natural Areas of Sarajevo Canton.
Results of the project:
• Realization of 6 trainings in areas that are of importance for the effective management of protected areas;
• 15 professionals from public institutions have acquired skills for the management of protected areas and are trained to work independently;
• Making 5 sets of guidelines for the effective management of protected areas (guidelines for management planning in protected areas, guidelines for the use of GIS, guidelines for the assessment of biodiversity and monitoring the situation, the guidelines for the financing of protected areas, guidelines for developing a communication strategy);
• promoted cooperation among the institutions dealing with the management of protected areas in the FB&H through the exchange of knowledge and achievements and providing incentives for the creation of joint projects.